Thursday, March 04, 2010

Fortress of Louisbourg 2






There are three main subjects to photograph at the Fortress of Louisbourg: people in period costumes, the reconstructed buildings, and the antique or reconstructed objects. The photos for this series are in the order I took them as I walked around the historic site making photographs.

I definitely wanted to make images of anybody I saw in period costumes. The guy in the first photo was standing at the entrance to the Fortress. How hot it must be standing around in heavy clothing all day long!

The person in the doorway caught my attention and I made a few images of her. This may have been a restaurant that served meals from the time when the Fortress was in its heyday.

I knew I didn't have time to go into each building so I peeked inside a few and made a few photos before moving on. The chair shown in the fourth photo was just inside one of the doors of a building.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...