Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Drive



On my drive home Tuesday evening there were several vehicles stopped on the westbound lane of the Trans Canada Highway. Police were on the scene and two cars were in the median. I took a few photos before arriving at the scene.

Snow blowing across the highway was creating drifts and whiteout conditions causing two drivers to lose control of their vehicles. Fortunately no one was hurt and traffic moved on slowly.

I have driven on this road every nearly weekday since 1990 and have seen hundreds of cars off the road. For several years I kept a tally of vehicles off the road and saw an average of 50 per year. Considering the fact that I am only on the highway for 30 minutes in the morning and the same in the afternoon, that is a lot. I have many stories of driving this highway in winter!


No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...