Thursday, January 08, 2009

House - Gaskiers



I photographed this house in Gaskiers, located on the Irish Loop, several times during my trips to the Southern Avalon to photograph the caribou herd. I liked the traditional style of the house and was curious about the type of plants that had taken over the yard in front of the house.

I am not 100% sure, but the last time I drove by there I think the house was gone altogether. As I revisit communities around the province, I look for houses that I have photographed before to see if there have been changes over time. I have many photos of houses that have disappeared completely. If anyone on my list is familiar with this house, let me know if it is still standing.

I have 6 other photos taken in this community. Feel free to visit
http://lanephotography.com/irish_loop/gaskiers/gaskiers.htm.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This was my grandmother's house. They tore it down about 5 or 6 years ago.

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...