Saturday, November 22, 2014

Lover's Key Beach 3












Lover's Key Beach 3

These are the last photos of Lover's Key State Park near Bonita Springs, Florida.  I spoke to the young woman, who was from Canada, and asked if I could photograph her throwing the seine net into the river.  She agreed and I made a few images of her as she threw the net over the bridge into the river below.

Osprey, also known as fish hawks, are common near all the beaches I've visited in Florida.  Of course, they are also common here as well, but I don't get too many opportunities to photograph them here.  As you can see, one of them was curious about the people below because it looked towards us as I made the photo.


I saw a couple of people canoeing in the river and photographed them.  I know there are alligators throughout Southwest Florida and wondered if the people would be in danger if their canoe capsized.  

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:
            

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...