Sunday, November 09, 2014

Remembrance Day 2003




















Remembrance Day 2003

It was a bitterly cold November 11, 2003 with snow flurries at the cenotaph in Avondale when I photographed the Remembrance Day Ceremony.

This morning I am sharing 20 images from that ceremony including those of children and adults in attendance.  Tomorrow I will share a few images of the soldiers on parade that day.

If you want to view more images from the Remembrance Day Ceremony in Holyrood that I have been sharing for the past couple of days, feel free to visit my Facebook album at: https://www.facebook.com/kbrucelane/media_set?set=a.77553775328.100393.680895328&type=3


While teaching at Mary Queen of Peace School a group of students created a web site dedicated to our Veterans that we called "Those Who Remember".  The site received much attention at the time and students were interviewed by the media.  When I retired, I copied the entire site and uploaded it to my web site to ensure it wouldn't be taken down.  You can visit this site at: http://www.lanephotography.com/legion/index.htm

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...