Sunday, March 23, 2014

Conception Harbour













Conception Harbour

Over the next few days I plan to share photos taken on a recent drive through Conception Bay.  My first stop was Conception Harbour where I photographed a few boats, sheds and an old house.

Since moving to this area in 1982, I have photographed the same subjects several times in all seasons.  When my slides are all scanned, I will be able to compare the images and see how things have changed in 32 years.  The images today, however were taken on March 19, 2014.

The red sheds situated close to the water have always attracted my attention and this time was no different.  I photographed them first from a distance, then drove to the end of the short road to get closer views. In one image you'll notice the yellow bow of a modern sailboat jutting out behind the shed.  I liked the contrast between old and modern as well as colour.  In other views I positioned myself so it wasn't visible in the photo.  You can see in another image that the roof of the outhouse is in pretty bad shape,  


Directly across the road I photographed an old house with two more red sheds.  Finally, I stopped to make images of another large red shed that is very close to the road.  The house didn't appear to be lived in at present and it is in need of a paint job.  I often stop to photograph old houses because after a while they tend to disappear or be totally remodelled. 

The corner of the large shed, which appears to still be used, nearly touches the narrow road.

Feel free to check my Conception Harbour Gallery at: http://www.lanephotography.com/conception_harbour/conception_harbour.htm 

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...