Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Snowy Egret








Snowy Egret

Thanks for identifying the bird in yesterday's photos as a willet.  I passed by that one because of the colours, but another book showed its winter colours, and it matches.


This morning I am sharing photos of a snowy egret that was fishing along Barefoot Beach.  It was interesting to watch it hunt and I was lucky to be there just as it caught a small fish.  This bird is easy to identify because it has a black beak, black legs and yellow feet.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

2 comments:

William F Matthews said...

Excellent collection of 'Snowy Egret' pics. The various positions of the bird looking for a meal make this a great collection.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks for the positive feedback. I tried to show how the egret hunts for fish ... and this one was successful.

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...