Friday, April 27, 2012

Labadee 5











Labadee 5

At one stop of our cultural tour a man was making things out of dried plants. The first photo shows purses and the second shows a variety of hats. I really liked his stuff but it was very rigid and I had no room in my suitcase for anything else. I overheard several other people make the same comment and I am sure the man was disappointed that he didn't sell anything to the group even though it was all hand-made and very high quality.

The little structure covered with leaves was used for making charcoal. The tour guide did tell people about it, but I had stayed behind hoping making photos and missed what he said about it. Suffice it to say that they knew how to make charcoal in the forest. :)  I also stopped along the trail to make a few photos of a large volcanic boulder.  How different they are from the glacial boulders in this part of the world.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...