Thursday, February 16, 2012

Norris Point












Norris Point

Norris Point is located in Bonne Bay on the Great Northern Peninsula. Like Woody Point, photos of which I shared yesterday, this community is also within the borders of Gros Morne National Park. Since I have visited this community often, I was surprised to find that I don't have very many photos of the actual community. Most are wide shots showing the scenery of the area.

The first image was taken from a look-out overlooking part of Bonne Bay. The town across the bay is Woody Point. The second was taken from Neddies Harbour looking towards Norris Point with the Tablelands in the background. The last is an older image that was scanned from a slide taken in the mid-eighties.

You will notice that a few of the images are similar. I included them to let you see that the time of day, lighting, and weather are all factors to keep in mind when making photos of a community. In this case, when I returned to the same area at a different time, I made similar, but different images of the same scene.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...