Friday, February 04, 2011

Ploughshares Peace March (1982) - 4







This is the last in the Peace March series for now. If I come across other slides, I may share them at a later date.

As I walked along with the marchers, I remember thinking that many of the onlookers were "older" and I took advantage of the situation to make candid photographs of them. At the time I was working on a slide show of seniors entitled "Now I'm 64" and thought I might be able to use the images in that show.

It is interesting that I am now 61 and am probably older than some of the "older" people I photographed at that time. When I was 33, the thought of being in my 60s never entered my mind. Even if it had, I wouldn't be able to understand it. My father-in-law died when he was 61 (I was 25 at the time) and I thought he was an "old man". Now, 60 is young to me but I am sure that people in their 20s and 30s see me as an "old man". Since I started this series several of you have asked, "Where does the time go?". All I can say is "Time flies!"

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...