Friday, February 11, 2011

Houses and Outbuildings





This morning I chose images that I took in Triton East in 1979. These houses and outbuildings were gone the last time I drove through the tiny town. I am glad I had taken them because the buildings are gone forever.

An older couple were still living in the first house and they invited me in for a cup of tea. I photographed them in black & white while I was inside the house and the photos were published in the Grand Falls Advertiser not long afterwards. Not only are the buildings gone, but the people and their memories are gone as well.

A few people commented on the photos I sent yesterday and I encouraged them to photograph the buildings in their communities because they will not always be there. When we make photographs, we are recording a little history and once the buildings are gone, photos will help preserve some memories, otherwise they will be forgotten forever.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...