Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter's Beauty







Today I want to show you what it looks like in my yard in mid-February. After three snowstorms, we have well over a foot of snow covering the land around my house. When the snow is light and fluffy, it is easy to shovel and I have kept the trails around the yard open by using a scoop to push snow around.

While there are many of you who hate winter, I think you would have to admit that this type of winter's day is very beautiful: the clear blue sky, white snow clinging to the trees and covering everything in sight. The crisp temperatures also add to the beauty of the day. When I am moving snow, snowshoeing or making photographs, I still enjoy this type of day and never feel cold as long as I am dressed for the occasion.

Many people are complaining about the winter here, but the weather was springlike until three weeks ago. On December 29 I posted photos of weeds flowering in my yard and had to weed several of my vegetable gardens around that date. We have had a mild winter until this week when the temperatures have been close to -10°C (14°F). It warms up during the day and hovers around 0°C (32°F).

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...