Wednesday, February 09, 2011

King's Point (1971-2)







My first teaching assignment was in King's Point, a scenic town in Green Bay. This morning I am sharing a few photos taken nearly 40 years ago. In those days I used Kodachrome 25 slide film. You can see from the scanned images, that they haven't deteriorated much over the years.

The first photo was taken looking out the "Arm" showing a few houses and sheds. You can also see a few vegetable gardens in the scene. The second photo shows the school as it looked on my first day in the fall of 1971. The little building with the RC Cola sign was the local hangout for teenagers. I bet the kids I taught have many memories of that place.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...