Friday, February 25, 2011

Pansies 2





Since yesterday's photos of pansies evoked positive memories in so many of you, I thought I'd share a few more today.

In the summer of 2009, my wife purchased a "tiger" pansy, a variety that I had never seen before. I found a spot in the yard to plant it, but it was too far away from the house to really enjoy the interesting blooms. The information that came with the plant stated that it may or may not grow in the second year. In the spring of 2010, I moved the entire plant to a spot just off my back steps and waited for it to grow. We were pleased to see it bloom in mid-June, and like the other pansies, it had flowers until after a couple of very heavy frosts. I wonder if it will grow again this year?

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

1 comment:

William F. Matthews said...

Pansies come back? They are notorious self-seeders! How long the parent plant lasts is another question. Possibly short lived. I would prune the parent if it is leggy.
Haven't grown this one. Unusual colour for sure. Nice pics!

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...