Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Flowers





Lat summer I promised that I would send photos of flowers to add a bit of colour during the winter. Here in Newfoundland and Labrador, like other provinces and states in northern climes, the land is covered by a foot or more of snow and the colours of beautiful flowers should brighten your day.

2010 was the first year we had planted begonias and, though the varieties we purchased weren't very big, they had beautiful colours and bloomed until we had a couple of heavy frosts in the fall. The first two photos show the colours and textures of the beautiful begonia blooms. I also liked the way the sun filtered through the petals of a black-eyed susan bloom.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...