Thursday, August 05, 2010

St. Lunaire - Griquet






Quite a few of you enjoyed the images of the blue and orange boat I shared yesterday. One person did notice that there was also green along the gunnels and on the seats. I didn't mention it because I didn't think it would be very visible in the reduced images. If you still have yesterday's photos, take a closer look. Of course, they are on my Blog if you have deleted them.

Today's photos were taken in the same area of St. Lunaire - Griquet. You can see that the sky was nearly clouded over by the time we reached this community. The sun came out for a couple of minutes so the lighting in the third photo is much brighter. Since rain was forecast we were all beginning to lose hope for a sunny day.

There was evidence of fishing activity in this community - on one of the stages were crab pots and gear. Of course in years gone by there would be much more activity in this harbour. In the second image you can see the remnants of an old fishing stage which was being used when I was there in 2004.

From the photos I took then I can see a lot of changes. There were at least two stages on the shoreline and a wrecked boat in the harbour that are not there now. Of course I didn't realize this until I went back through the photos I took there 6 years ago. In addition, there was only one small boat in the harbour this year and I counted six tied up to the stages in 2004.

Someone mentioned yesterday that the person who painted the blue and orange boat may have had some left-over paint and the fourth image shows a bright orange house. There could be a connection.

The last photo shows a large boat that has been pulled up on the shore and lyimg idle during the fishing season.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...