Sunday, August 08, 2010

Quirpon








Today I am sharing seven (4 extra on my Blog) photos that will end the series showing the communities between St. Anthony and L'Anse aux Meadows. Actually a couple of yesterday's photos were taken in the town of Quirpon, as were all the images I am sharing today.

Many houses in the northern communities have "yard art" displayed on their properties. The Support our Troops sign from yesterday was actually in Quirpon and the lighthouses and dories in the first photo were also in that community. I wondered if the person was actually selling the items since there were two of each.

I often shoot interesting angles of fishing stages, especially those that are weather beaten. Except for the red paint, the photo almost looks like a black and white image.

Another theme I photograph a lot is Windows. The toy bear hung in the window of an old shed caught my attention. Actually I found it a little creepy, but since I have other images of (equally-creepy) window decorations, I photographed it anyway.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...