Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Viking Trail





This morning I chose a variety of images that were taken during my trip to the Great Northern Peninsula on the island of Newfoundland.

Shortly after we left St. Anthony, we spotted yet another moose eating bushes along the edge of a bog. It got a little nervous and stepped up on higher ground. This was only the second female moose we saw on the trip.

On one of the bogs I saw the pink flower shown in the second image. I don't remember seeing it before, especially on the bogs on the Avalon Peninsula. The problem with identifying flowers and plants from one photograph is that the flowers may be in a different stage of development than those shown on line. As I hike through the woods photographing nature, I have observed and photographed many species of plants over time and have learned what they are. Of course there are many I still can't identify.

The shed in the third photo looks like it is about ready to fall. I imagine a strong wind may flatten it soon. There were lots of people salmon fishing on the rivers along the Viking Trail and I stopped to take a few photos of a few of them. Of course I also took photos of the rivers as well.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...