Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Rocky Mountains 2








Today's images show different views of the same mountain that I photographed using my 70-300 mm lens. The first was taken at 70 mm and the others at maximum zoom. As I explained yesterday, zooming in shows dramatic views of a single mountain, but the grandeur and immenseness of the mountains are lost somewhat.

The first is a vertical (portrait) view of the river and mountains and the next two show closer views of the two peaks. I think these two peaks are between 8,000 to 10,000 feet above sea level.

Here in Newfoundland and Labrador, the highest mountain is Mount Caubvick in Labrador at 1652 m (5400 feet) and the highest point on the Avalon Peninsula is the Inside Hawke Hills (not too far from where I live) at around 335 m (1100 feet). You can easily see why I was impressed with the mountains in and around Banff National Park.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...