Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Boats 5






This will be the last in my Boats series for a while. I am certain that I will return to it from time to time. I know many of you are enjoying this series, and I have lots more boat photographs to share.

In recent years, Newfoundland and Labrador has become a destination for cruise ships and every year several visit various parts of our province bringing much-appreciated tourism dollars. I remember a few years ago I was on the waterfront when Jim Nabors, well-known actor and singer, was one of the first passengers off that first cruise ship. Rumours at the time said that he found a local furrier store and purchased several mink coats for his Hollywood friends. Of course, I can not confirm this rumour. :)

I have shown three views of a cruise ship in Conception Bay which shows why it was too big to get into St. John's Harbour. The last photo shows a large oil tanker close by which gives you an idea of how big it really is. Passengers were shuttled (see 2 smaller boats tied up at its side in the first image) into Long Pond where busses took them to visit attractions in St. John's or the local area.

No comments:

Cats

Cats I am sharing photos to my Cats 2 Facebook Album. If you like cats, you may enjoy my Cats Albums. I have provided links to both of my al...