Friday, June 25, 2010

Hands 3








Today's photos show Musical Hands, which I also love to photograph. When I photographed concerts and events at school, I always included close-ups of hands playing the different instruments. Once, when I sent the photos to a band that had performed for the students, one of the musicians thanked me because he noticed that his fingers weren't placed in the correct position and until he saw the photos, didn't realize he wasn't playing the instrument correctly.

The first photo shows an adult playing during a choir practice at a local church. To get this view I knelt down next to the instrument and placed the camera as close to the keys as possible. I've uploaded a wider view of this scene to my Blog. If you have time, check out the effect of shooting a different view of the same scene.

The next image shows a young lady's hand playing the fiddle, which looks like a challenging instrument to learn to play well. This image was made in colour and later converted to b & w. The last image was also originally shot in colour but I converted this one to sepia as well as b & w.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...