Monday, June 28, 2010

Flowers 2






Throughout the summer I will share images of different plant species that I see in my travels as well as those growing in my yard. This morning I am sharing a images made at 1:30 on Saturday, which was a bright sunny day. This isn't the best time of the day to be taking photographs because the sun is at its brightest and photos tend to be have a lot of contrast.

Buttercups grow wild all around my property. They were among the first wild flowers to appear after our land was excavated in 2007. They are very prolific and try to grow everywhere, even my vegetable and flower gardens. To be honest, I don't like pulling them out, but must or nothing else will grow.

Three summers ago I planted 25 strawberry plants and only a few of them survived that first year. Last summer they reproduced well and I have plenty this year which are all flowering and producing fruit. mmmm

White flowers are difficult to photograph, especially in the bright sun. The last image shows flowers forming on a spirea plant that I put in a flower garden in late May. Maybe it is because it is the first year, but the flowers look much different than the photograph on the plant when I bought it.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...