Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hands at Work






Today I chose photos of Hands at Work. The first image shows a fisherman fixing his nets. I am not sure what the tool he is using is called, but he pulls it through the nets repairing holes and weak areas.

The person in the second photo was splitting a fresh codfish. When I was a young boy I remember watching fishermen in Winterton, Trinity Bay as they split their daily catches of codfish. I remember how skillful and fast they were as they split the cod with very sharp knives. The woodcarvers were making tiny figures for sale, so this can be considered work. The guy playing the guitar was actually working - his band was playing at an outdoor concert in Florida.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...