Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring 6







Today I chose images to show you that things were actually growing on April 4, when I made these photos. The first plants with red stalks and white tips were growing out of the moss on an old tree stump. There were other red and green mosses growing nearby. As well, I saw another old tree stump with a seedling from a wild northern raisin growing in the rotting wood.

All the photos this morning show living organisms growing on plants that had died and were slowly rotting back into the soil. I have never seen the plants in the first photo before making these the first photos I have made of them.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...