Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring 8











When I reached the top of the mountain, it was warmer than I expected so I took some time to explore. I was noticing the striations and small gouges in the rock that were formed when rocks scraped against the bedrock under the pressure of a glacier that was up to a mile thick. I made several images of this type and uploaded ten to my Blog this morning. It doesn't matter how often I trek to the hills out back, I still find something to photograph.

If you look closely you can see interesting shapes carved into the bedrock. There are geometric shapes such as rectangles and triangles as well as other interesting lines. Imagine the amount of pressure created under a mile of ice!

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...