Friday, February 06, 2009

Boats







One person noticed that the style and construction of the boat in yesterday's photos is different that those in Newfoundland and Labrador. Today I am sharing 3 images of boats in Peggy's Cove. If you are familiar with boats (or photos I've sent previously) in Newfoundland and Labrador, you will notice that the designs are different. I am not sure why, but maybe the first settlers in Nova Scotia were from a different part of the world. I know that the early European settlers of the Island of Newfoundland were from England and Ireland. Since Nova Scotia means New Scotland, I assume the early settlers were from Scotland.

The first two images are slightly different views of the same subjects. I just tilted the camera a little to show more sky and less of the nearest boat. The boats in the first image are more dominant. I think it is a stronger image than the second.

I included the third image to show you a closer view of two boats with different designs.



1 comment:

bearkat said...

I was quite enjoying the little tour of Peggy's Cove :)

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...