Thursday, February 19, 2009

White Ibis




Yesterday Winter sent the worse storm so far this year. High winds and 25 cm (10 in) of snow meant a couple of hours of moving snow - which is good exercise.

Today, I chose to share photos of Florida Birds. The first photo shows a white ibis that was feeding in a small body of water. There weren't many reflections in the water so it looks very dark.

I saw a white ibis sitting on top of a tall tree with the moon in the background. . At first I thought they were all the same specie of bird, but when I looked through the long lens I realized the other birds were cattle egrets. The third photo was taken seconds later after a fourth bird landed on the tree.

Feel free to visit my White Ibis Gallery at: http://lanephotography.com/birds/white_ibis/white_ibis_01.htm

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...