Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lost? 4



The last time I visited Colliers, Conception Bay, the house in today's photos was gone. When making these photos in July 2001, I figured that it wouldn't be around much longer. I am not certain when it was taken down, but if anyone from the Colliers area knows, please let me know as well.

This was a fairly large house and I imagine big families living here. A number of people have wondered about the stories these old houses could tell. I have referred you to a series of stories about another house in Colliers. If you haven't checked it already, feel free to do so. http://www.stemnet.nf.ca/~blane/transitn.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe that this house was owned by John and Edith McDonald. They have a number of children still living in the area, Philip McDonald, Don McDonald, John McDonald jr.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks for the information. I will keep it on file.

Do you know when it was taken down?

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...