Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nasturtiums




Up until three years ago I had never grown nasturtiums, but we have saved seeds each year to ensure future crops. The bright yellow, orange and red blooms of these prolific plants add waves of colours from early August to first frost.

The first two images show the shape and colour of individual flowers. To capture the third image, I knelt behind a group of flowers and positioned myself such that the light from the direct sun was obscured by the plants but enough light passed through the petals and leaves to make an interesting photograph.

Thanks for the positive comments about the images of roses I shared yesterday. Several people are still responding to my Lost? series and I thank you for your comments. I promise I will return to that theme again.


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...