Friday, February 20, 2009

Sunrise






I have shared several photos of Florida Sunrises over the past few years. A typical morning for me when I am in Florida is to get up between 6 and 7 AM and as the sun begins to rise I take my camera and start to walk. I photograph each sunrise for the next 3 - 3.5 hours then return home for a fresh coffee, a little breakfast and a chance to download the photos I took during the morning (usually 300 - 500 images). It doesn't matter that I have done this many times, I enjoy every morning walk and still find lots to photograph.

The first two photos show two views of the same scene. I liked the golden colours of the water so I zoomed in closer and made the second image. Even though it is nothing more than reflections of the morning light with the silhouettes of the banks of the small pond, I still get a peaceful feeling when I look at the photo.

As I approached water sprinklers I noticed that the backlighting highlighted the jets of water. When I checked the photos later, I realized I had captured individual jets of water and could see how they changed over a period of 1 second.



No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...