Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pink Lady's Slipper





I scanned a couple of slides that I took of a lady's slipper in the 1980s. Since then I have only seen these flowers in the wild on three or four occasions. The first three images are from scanned slides and the others are digital images I made in July, 2002.

The pink lady's slipper is not a common wildflower here in Newfoundland and Labrador, but since it is the provincial flower of Prince Edward Island, I assume there are lots there. Someone told me that there were yellow lady's slippers growing in the St. John's area, though I have never seen them. If anyone living in Newfoundland and Labrador knows where I can find the yellow variety, please let me know.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...