Sunday, March 27, 2011

J - Japan Project





J - Japan Project

Today's photos are a little different. After searching quite a while for scanned images beginning with the letter J, I came across these images, taken in the mid-80s, of a group of students presenting their Japan Project to the class. As you can see from the costumes and work they put into it, the presentation was a hit.

Can you imagine all the photos I have taken of students doing projects? I taught for 30 years and took photographs of students' projects every year. When I was a science teacher I often took students outdoors to study nature first-hand and have many photos of those excursions as well. I remember many projects because I have photos to remind me. I wonder if these girls remember this particular project 25 years after the fact?

I can't post photos related to Japan without expressing my horror at watching a large wave destroy entire towns in minutes. Of course, the earthquakes and radiation leaks are still ongoing issues. My heart goes out to the people trying to deal with the situation there.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

2 comments:

Mrs. Fennemore said...

Hey Bruce! I hope retirement is treating you well! Hope you are taking lots of photos!

If you are looking for something to do...we'd love your vote for our school! Big chance at a 100K grant! http://refresheverything.ca/mde

Peggy

Tammy Laflamme said...

Mr Lane,

Wow those pictures brought back memories. I am not even sure what grade Heather Deanne and I were in, but I do remember that project. Thanks for the memories!

Tammy (Smith) Laflamme

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...