Tuesday, March 22, 2011

E - Eagle





E - Eagle

Well, the letter E has proven to be difficult to find images from slides. The only subject I could find was Eagle, a bald eagle to be exact.

I photographed this bald eagle in St. Joseph's, St. Mary's Bay about a 40 minute drive from my home in Holyrood. I saw the eagle perched atop a tree and when I got out of my car to make photographs, it flew to another tree not far away. I approached it again and this time it flew away. I was lucky to capture a photo just as it left the top pf the tree. It circled overhead for a minute before flying further out to sea.

I used my 500 mm reflex lens to capture today's images. I haven't have that lens since it, and my other camera equipment, was stolen from my car in the early 90s.

Even though these photos are not all that great, the second one was published in a brochure produced for the Department of Tourism back then.

Feel free to check out other Bald Eagle photos at: http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/bald_eagle/bald_eagle_01.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...