Monday, September 28, 2009

Black & White Images






Today's black & white images came colour slides. In the old days of film, I always carried two camera bodies, one with colour slide film and the other with black and white film - usually Plus X (ISO 100) or Tri X (ISO 400). Some photos work better as b&w and it is easy to convert images. If you are using Picasa 3, there is a tool for editing photos including converting images to b&w.
\
The tree in the first photo is located in Holyrood. I liked its shape and the wooden fence. The second photo shows part of an antique record player that I photographed in the late 90s. The photo was taken inside with available light from large windows. Feel free to search my Blog to find additional photos of this antique. The third photo was taken on a foggy but very calm morning as a fishing boat appeared out of the fog, stayed in view for a few minutes, then slowly disappeared into the fog again.
The winter forest shows one of the trails I used first when I moved to Holyrood in the early 80s. It was clear cut in 2000 and is just beginning to grow back now. The iceberg was photographed near Cupids, Conception Bay in 1988.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...