Monday, September 01, 2008

Schooner




While anchored in St. Margaret's Bay, Nova Scotia, a two-masted schooner sailed by going against the wind. It tacked back and forth the bay as it made its way out the bay. I still find it amazing how sailboats can sail with the wind blowing towards them.

Normally I would straighten the horizon in this type of photo before sharing, but I wanted to illustrate how difficult it is to make an image with a horizontal horizon when you are on a boat. No matter how hard I try, when the boat I am on is bobbing up and down in the waves, the horizon is on an angle in most photos.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...