Friday, September 19, 2008

L - L'Anse aux Meadows








I haven't shared photos of L'Anse aux Meadows for a while. This morning I am sharing three photos of a loom that was in the Viking longhouse when I visited there in 2004. I liked the colours, shapes and textures in the close view. I don't like the second image as well and you should see that moving the camera just a little, makes a totally different photo. The third one shows the setting; one room of the longhouse with many artifacts. In this image, the loom is no longer the main subject.

By moving in closer and changing angles, photographers force viewers to look at a subject from a particular point of view. Ask yourselves which of the first three photos you like most and why. :)

The third and fourth images images were also taken inside the Viking longhouse. The helmet has no horns, which is authentic. Even though many movies and graphics show horns on Viking helmets, but they didn't exist. One of the "Vikings" was carving a piece of wood and I took several photos of him working. The last photo shows the style of fence and boat used by Vikings over when they lived here 1000 years ago.

There are additional photos on my updated L'Anse aux Meadows Gallery at: http://lanephotography.com/lance%20aux%20meadows/lance%20aux%20meadows%20introduction.htm

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...