Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fishing




Members of my Photo of the Day list come from all over the world (check it out at http://lanephotography.com/locations_pd.htm ) and I often wonder if everyone enjoys my daily photos. Those of you who have been on my list for a while know that I try to send current photos but I don't want to send the same type of images every day. During the past two summers I have been sending a lot of photos of local plants and hope you are not tiring of them.

Last year I started an A-Z theme and many people seemed to enjoy that approach. As a result, starting tomorrow I will begin another alphabetical theme.

This morning's photos were taken in mid-July, 2004 near the town of Bacon Cove, Conception Bay. I took quite a few photos of the boat but when I saw the fishermen checking their nets, I stopped and took a few more.

As in many parts of the world, the fish stocks off Newfoundland and Labrador are dwindling and several species can no longer be fished commercially. Photos of fishing that I have taken over the years will be historical images in the not-too-distant future.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...