Wednesday, August 24, 2022







Sunflowers

Last year, even though I didn't plant any sunflowers in my yard, I had around a dozen plants grow and bloom in my vegetable beds. I enjoyed having them and photographed their beautiful blooms until a hurrican knocked them to the ground. In the fall, I dug a garden around 4 x 4 feet, and this spring planted around 200 seeds in it. Two grew!! However, thanks to the blue jays or crows, I now have around a dozen sunflowers growing among my potatoes and carrots. So far only one has bloomed, but several others are getting close. I will add photos to this album over the next while.

I have started adding this year's photos to the Sunflowers in My Yard album and you can follow it here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4849539141740864&type=3

Feel Free to Share!


 

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...