Friday, July 29, 2022

Moose Today













Moose Today

This afternoon, I walked across to my son's backyard to photograph a moose and a calf that they saw there. The mother was right behind the garage and when it became aware of me, she came up on the lawn and stood very tall. After a minute or so, she moved on and I saw one calf go with her, but I spotted another calf eating it in the tall grass. They disappeared into the trees.

But, what if I flew my drone, would I get to see them together? I flew up 30 m (90 ft) and had a look around. I spotted them almost immediately - the mother first and then she was joined by the two calves. I took still photos only while hovering at around 30 m. Luckily, I could zoom in and crop later to get such good views.

I have added these to my Moose Album that you can find here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=kbrucelane&set=a.10162276832025329

Feel Free to Share!

 

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...