Sunday, July 10, 2022

Digger Bees







Digger Bees

Several years ago, a friend gave me a piece of a multiflora rose tree to plant in my yard. She said it was very invasive and suggested putting it in a spot where I didn't mind it spreading a lot. I took her advice and planted it at the end of my driveway. It has grown quite a bit and over the past few years, I have been photographing tiny bees that seem to love the very fragrant blooms. Someone identified them as digger bees. They are not a bit aggressive and I can get fairly close to them without disturbing them at all. Interestingly, I don't usually see them after the roses have finished.

I have an album that you can follow if interested - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10159159029280329&type=3

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:

 

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...