Thursday, June 01, 2017

Inside Hawke Hills








Inside Hawke Hills

Yesterday, while hiking to the highest point on the Inside Hawke Hills here in Holyrood, I photographed these flowers.  I am not sure what they are but am hoping to find out as a result of this post.  These were growing on the sparse soil near the top.  It was very windy, so windy that I could barely stand to take a selfie.  Yet, while I was taking the photos a bumble bee flew in and flitted from flower to flower.  It was the first bumble bee I have seen this year and was surprised because it was so windy and there weren't many flowers.

If anyone can identify the flower, please let me know.


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diapensia

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...