Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Voisey's Bay 3, 1996















Voisey's Bay 3, 1996

    As I said previously, I made these photos during a photo trip to Voisey's Bay In early September 1996, during the exploration phase of the mine.  Today I am sharing photos of helicopters as well as a few of construction that was ongoing at the time.

I was hired to photograph "Helicopters at Work" and had a helicopter pilot who took me up every time another helicopter was doing a job such as moving supplies from one drill rig to another, dropping supplies on a ship, or bringing drill cores from drill rigs to base camp. 

I enjoyed flying in a helicopter with the door off and leaning out to make photos.  I had a seat belt around me and another around my camera bag.  I was shooting colour film for the job, but shot a few slides with my back-up camera.  I am sharing images from the slides I shot.  The negatives were provided to Canadian Helicopters along with a complete set of prints from the job so I can't scan them.


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...