Friday, June 09, 2017

The Matthew 6, 1997














The Matthew 6, 1997

June 25, the day after the big celebration in Bonavista, was a hot, sunny and beautiful day.  I drove back into Bonavista to get a few colourful photos of The Matthew.  There was a long line of people waiting to get on the ship.  I made a few photos from the wharf but didn't want to wait in line.

Then, the Snowbirds, the Canadian Armed Forces Air Demonstration Team, performed over the town.  Of course, that was supposed to have happened as The Matthew arrived in port, but had to be cancelled because of the weather on June 24.


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...