Sunday, April 17, 2016

Wood Stork
















Wood Stork

Even though wood storks are listed as a Threatened Species, there were quite a few of them around the Bonita Springs area while I was there this winter.

There had been a lot of rain in January,  and the water was higher than usual which caused a problem for wood storks. Apparently, the higher water made it difficult for the wood storks to get food and some were starving.

I took today's photos after the water had receded and it was easy to get close to the wood storks, which were happy to be feeding once again.


Feel free to visit my Wood Stork Gallery online at: http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/wood_stork/wood_stork_01.htm

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...