Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Alligator






Alligator

During my stay in Citrus Bark in Bonita Springs, Florida I photographed several alligators that ranged in size from 2 to 8 feet. Believe it or not, these large reptiles are very common around the community and can be seensunning themselves near canals and ponds on a daily basis. With a 70-300 mm lens, I could get close views as you can see in a close view of its eye.


Whenever I stopped to make photos of alligators it attracted a crowd of people interested in seeing the docile, but dangerous, creatures. Alligators tend to ignore people, but it is obvious that they are aware of everyone around them. I would be nervous with small children.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...