Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Snowy Egret











Snowy Egret

Most mornings I walked 4 miles with camera in hand and made photos of anything interesting that I saw. Usually I would make a couple of trips around the park in my golf cart, again with camera in hand. The photo ops in Citrus Park are tremendous since there are many species of birds, reptiles and plants to photograph.

One day I spotted a snowy egret preening itself on a fence post about 10 feet from the road. I stopped and zoomed in with my 70-300 mm lens. I noticed that the background was dark and completely out of focus which I knew would be excellent for photos of this white bird.


Like most birds, when it was preening its feathers, it didn't pay much attention to me, though it was curious about the beeping sound as I focused. 

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...