Sunday, September 29, 2013

Clotheslines 9










Clotheslines 9

I visited several communities on the South Coast on a very dull day in August. 2008.  Despite the weather, I photographed many clotheslines in the different communities I visited. The first four photos this morning were taken in Mose Ambrose on the South Coast of the island of Newfoundland, the fifth was in Wreck Cove and sixth and seventh were in Boxey.   The eighth was in Trinity East and the last two were photographed in Chapel's Cove, Conception Bay.

This morning I am sharing a few of the comments I received during this series:

I'm sure it's not the case, but the second photo appears the wash was hung out with the owner having climbed the ladder to reach her clothesline. Kinda funny looking. Clothes always smell so fresh and have that clean look when hung out to dry. I still hang clothes out occasionally but also love my dryer, too. 
I love your clotheslines!! 
Remind me of growing up in Chicago ... my mom always liked the fresh smell that clothes took on when on the clothes line. She had a drier, but preferred the outdoor method. 
I love clotheslines!!...these are super ones, especially blowing out in the ocean breeze...perfect! 
Love the clothes line series, not too often we see clothes on the line these days 
I can smell the fresh air on those sheets, Bruce! Nothing like it! 
I've been enjoying the clothesline series. Had to chuckle today though when I saw the cod hanging! :) 
The first clothesline looks like the one I have in Florida and here. I use my lines all the time. Enjoying this series.
 Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...