Thursday, September 12, 2013

Buchans 2










Buchans 2

Today I am uploading 10 more photos taken on and near the old mine site in Buchans during a visit in 1993. I am sure the photos will bring back memories to those of you who have roots in Buchans.  I thought I'd share a couple of comments I received yesterday.
So many thanks for the memories Bruce from one of your Buchaneer subscribers!
I was so pleased to see the photos that you had taken and shared! It is a relief to me that those photos exist as many structures in Buchans have succumbed to ruins over the years or have been removed completely. I just wanted to let you know that some of the mine site still does exist. The deckhead has been turned into a community landmark. The mill was utilized a few years back and at times rumors surface of it's reopening as a barrite plant, but, nothing as of late has come to pass... The Glory Hole is still full, but finally cordoned off.
As I said yesterday, I will share more images of Buchans as I come across them during the scanning process. I still have to scan over 100 photos taken during video shoots in several communities across the province in 1993.



I have been updating my LOCATIONS page and wonder if all places are named.  If you you aren't sure if you sent me your location, please check http://www.lanephotography.com/locations_pd.htm.  If your location isn't included, please let me know and I will add it to this page.  I like to know where in the world my photos go each day.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.


Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...