Friday, June 07, 2013

Magic Kingdom 1












Magic Kingdom 1

When I visited Disney World in 1980, the only theme park there was the Magic Kingdom. I remembered things that I had photographed then, but the rest of it seemed new to me. For example, I remembered the monorail and a ferry ride, but didn't realize until this visit that they were the two ways of getting there from the parking lot/ticket area. We chose the boat which can take 300 people as opposed to the monorail which takes about 80. Even though we were early, there were crowds of people lined up at each.

Last time, I photographed Goofy waterskiing across the lake near the ferry. This time I photographed the hotels/resorts along the lake as well as other ferries returning from the Magic Kingdom. It took nearly an hour to get from the parking lot to the ferry then through security and the entrance to Main Street where a group of singers and dancers were performing for the crowds of people.

It is a good thing it was the off-season because the Magic Kingdom was very crowded. I realized that my photos would have lots of people but did look for scenes without people. As you will see over the next few days, the opportunities didn't arise very often.


Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...