Monday, June 03, 2013

Animal Kingdom 4















Animal Kingdom 4

As we continued around the rough road on the safari vehicle, we drove past elephants, black rhinos, ostrich, lions and a variety of other mammals and birds.

As I said yesterday, I would love to go on a real African Safari, but the closest I'll probably get is the Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition in the Animal Kingdom Theme Park of Disney World. I did manage to photograph a few elephants from a distance, a couple of black rhino, ostrich eggs and two mammals shown in today's photos. Though the driver of our vehicle told us what these animals were and provided information about them, I can't remember what they are.

In order to make photos of all the animals in this attraction, you would have to travel on the ride many times. Several animals, including the cheetahs, were lying in the shade and too far away tp photograph. As we passed the lions, I shot photos even though I couldn't see them as the driver was pointing them out. I figured I might see them on the photos later but when I did see one, it was fairly far away (for the wide angle lens I was using) to get a good shot.


Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...